Only Here For A Short Time....  

Posted by Julie in

I stumbled across a beautiful article in Country Home magazine in which a writer, Karen Weir-Jimerson, shared a gem titled "Old Dog, Timeless Tricks". She wrote about her 15 year old border collie, Rose, and how time has slowed her gait. Rose was an energetic puppy and no dog could beat her on the farm when it came to herding. But with the passing of time, it was becoming harder to recognize the slower-moving Rose. Karen went on to say...

"Sharing your life with a good dog is a wonderful thing. And because of the odd inequities of life spans, humans have the opportunity to live their lives with many dogs. Every connection that you make in life...even with a dog...teaches you something."

I always appreciate good writing and the power of words. Her article was no exception. Ironically, moments before reading this article, I had been sitting outside watching my two dogs play and remarked to my husband that it still seems strange (after all this time) watching the two of them romp around in the backyard that was once the home, and stomping grounds, of our three pooches that passed on just in the last few years. Kan will have been gone for four years in June....Shiloh for two years next September...and we just lost our Dandelion in October 2007. And yet, they're still here. The grief can still be so fresh at times.

Karen's dog Rose is a border collie and 15 years old. Our Dandy girl was a border collie mix ....and 15 years old when she left us in October. I miss my ol' girl.






Join Animal Attraction Today!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 at 8:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Yes, it's so hard to lose a pet. :( I still cry when I think of my old dogs who have died. It's sad when they get old, too. But they leave us with good memories.

April 22, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Losing a pet is the hardest. I lost one almost 2 years ago and I still miss her terribly. Now, watching the other 2 age, it is no fun knowing they are nearing the end too :(

April 22, 2008 at 10:17 PM

We never seem to have enough time with them!

April 23, 2008 at 4:31 AM

Thanks for stopping by ladies :)

April 24, 2008 at 6:23 AM

I too know the pain of losing a pet, they last in our hearts forever.

April 27, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Post a Comment

***Breakthrough Dog Food Recipes***


Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty